Come work with us!
We are looking to hire dedicated staff members who are committed to our mission to showcase books from diverse authors and points of view.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
Contributing editors would primarily focus on writing reviews, crafting essays, and conducting interviews with artists and writers. As an editor you would be responsible for writing a minimum of four reviews, essays, or interviews per year. Though experience writing reviews is preferred, we’re willing to work with budding writers and reviewers with a passion for our mission who bring a unique perspective to the table.
To apply, please send the following to drizzlereview(at)gmail(dot)com:
- A brief bio including publications and writing experience
- Reading interests — tell us which books appeal to you (ex: poetry, fiction, comics, YA, plays, non-fiction, genre preferences, etc.)
- A critical writing sample — a short essay, book review, anything that will demonstrate your ability to write and think critically about literature
- Two or three sentences on why you want to work for Drizzle, and how your interests align with our mission
- We’ll be making initial decisions on applications in mid-June. The priority deadline for applications is June 9th.
Unfortunately, all positions are currently unpaid, though we do hope to compensate reviewers in the future. For now, however, we run on love and free review copies alone.
We look forward to getting to know you and expanding our community here at Drizzle.